Now you can Update LG G3 S to Android 8.1 Oreo by installing an Lineage OS 15.1 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 8.1 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now the first Lineage OS 15.1 ROM for LG G3 S is available for download.
if you want to upgrade your Smartphone to the latest Android OS then you are at right place. This latest custom firmware is unofficial early build so you can face some minor bugs but good thing is that you can experience the latest Android 8.1 Oreo OS on your device. The Lineage OS 15.1 custom ROM comes with many new features like Protected App, New Notification UI, Live Display, PIP, Privacy Guard, Settings Overhaul changes, new Android O Emoji style and much more. Make sure that your device is rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM (ClockworkMod) to flash this Lineage OS 15.1 custom ROM on LG G3 S.
- Your warranty is… still valid?
- Thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
- Do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel?
- If u don’t know how to flash or use custom ROMs then don’t ever try to judge it!!
- Your Device must be fully rooted and have TWRP Recovery installed.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the LG G3 S by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the LG G3 S USB Drivers on the PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of the LG G3 S is at least above 80% before going ahead.
- xtremeroms.com will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your LG G3 S during or after the installation of Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
Advantages and Features of Android 8.1 Oreo Update for LG G3 S
- Picture in Picture Mode
- New Android O Emoji
- Advanced Doze Mode
- Auto Fill Password
- New Notification UI
Download Links :
Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 ROM (LG G3 S)
Download Google Apps (Gapps)
Install Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 ROM on LG G3 S
A technique is basic and clean, follow each and every step for clean and smooth installation.
- First, download Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM for LG G3 S on the desktop of the PC.
- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
- Transfer Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above links to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
- Unplug LG G3 S from the PC and power it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Note :– wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose to install zip from SD card → choose zip from sd card.
- Navigate to the Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
- Navigate to Go Back once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your LG G3 S will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated LG G3 S to the latest Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!