Now you can Update Redmi Note 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing an Lineage OS 15 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now the first Lineage OS 15 ROM for Redmi Note 4 is available for download. Xiaomi may or may not release the Oreo update for Redmi Note 4 so if you want to try Android Oreo on Redmi Note 4 then follow our guide to install Lineage OS 15 on Redmi Note 4.
if you want to upgrade your Smartphone to the latest Android OS then you are at right place. This latest custom firmware is unofficial early build so you can face some minor bugs but good thing is that you can experience the latest Android 8.0 Oreo OS on your device. The Lineage OS 15 custom ROM comes with many new features like Protected App, New Notification UI, Live Display, PIP, Privacy Guard, Settings Overhaul changes, new Android O Emoji style and much more. Xiaomi has not officially announced it but this is just a custom ROM. Make sure that your device is rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM (ClockworkMod) to flash this Lineage OS 15 custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi note 4.
By following this step by step guide, you can update your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to Lineage OS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM. This latest custom firmware comes all the official features of Android 8.0 Oreo and also brings lineage OS features through that you can play and modify your device. This is stable build and you can be used as a daily driver. Before proceeding don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing this Lineage OS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM to Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
- Your warranty is… still valid?
- Thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
- Do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel?
- If u don’t know how to flash or use custom ROMs then don’t ever try to judge it!!
- Your Device must be fully rooted and have TWRP Recovery installed.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 USB Drivers on the PC.
- The bootloader of your 4X must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is at least above 80% before going ahead.
- xtremeroms.com will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 during or after the installation of Lineage OS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
Download Links :
Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS 15 ROM
TWRP Recovery MultiROM.img
Download Google Apps (Gapps)
Install Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS 15 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
A technique is basic and clean, follow each and every step for clean and smooth installation.
- First, download Lineage OS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 on the desktop of the PC.
- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
- Transfer Lineage OS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above links to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
- Unplug the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 from the PC and power it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partitionand wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Note :– wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose to install zip from SD card → choose zip from sd card.
- Navigate to the Lineage OS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
- Navigate to Go Back once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to the latest Lineage OS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo ROM. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!