- Your warranty is… still valid?
- I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
- Do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel?
- If u don’t know how to flash or use custom ROMs then don’t ever try to judge it!!
- Your Device must be fully rooted and have 3.1 TWRP Recovery installed.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
- This is not a stable version of LineageOS. If you find any bugs, please report it!
- You need to be able to read this post carefully.
Features of Android Oreo :
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
- The latest version of TWRP. This is an absolute requirement.
- Your device (it better be a Samsung Galaxy Note 3).
- The latest modem and your bootloader unlocked. Link on how to get that done is found below.
Download links :
OpenGApps 8.1 (biggest is mini for Note 3)
Latest bootloader & modem (contains instructions)
How to Install this ROM..?
So you really want to do this, huh? That must mean you accept the risks specified in the disclaimer, and that you read the warning.
From other custom ROMs (this assumes you already unlocked your bootloader a long time ago):
- Download the zip file for your device (link is below). Make sure you get the correct variant for your device (see below).
- Reboot into TWRP (Volume Up + Home + Power or Advanced Restart).
- Make a nandroid backup (optional).
- Perform a factory reset (Wipe > Swipe to Factory Reset).
- Flash the ROM you just downloaded.
- Flash OpenGApps for Android 8.1 if you want Google services (optional).
- Reboot and proceed normally with installation.
If you want root, flash Magisk. Currently the best root solution nowadays.
It is important that you get the right variant based on your model code Otherwise, you might not be able to make phone calls!
- hlte: SM-N9005 (unlocked, GSM) and SM-N900P (Sprint)
- hltetmo: SM-N900T (T-Mobile), SM-N900W8 (Canada), SM-900R4 (USA Cellular), SM-N900V (Verizon)
- hltechn: SM-N9008V and SM-N9006 (both are China)
The SM-N900S (South Korea) (hlteskt) model is not supported, and neither is the Exynos version (ha3g). It will be supported soon.
- The LineageOS Team
- Trader418 (started the hype back in August 2017)
ROM OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo
Kernel Version: Linux 3.4.x