Xiaomi may have taken Redmi Note 3 users as a right by not even providing nougat update for it, however, the love for the device amongst developers is insane. and therefore the results are here as we have android 8.1 oreo ROM for Redmi Note 3 snapdragon Variant.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
Your Device must be fully rooted and have 3.1 TWRP Recovery installed.
How to flash?
2) Now get the arm64 GApps package for android 8.1 Download
3) Copy each files to your phone’s internal storage.
4) Boot your device into recovery mode by turning it off and pressing Volume UP + Power button along.
5) If you were using any nougat or the lower android version before, Wipe data and Cache (Not necessary if you already using any oreo ROM. we have a tendency to suggest you wiping data for a clean flash. Do take a backup of your data first. ( we have a tendency to don’t seem to be responsible for any data loss.
6) Backup current ROM if you’re pretty cautious.
7) choose the Android 8.1 ROM .zip file and flash it.
8) now choose the GApps package and flash it.
Big thanks to the developers for creating such a stable ROM so early.
XDA Thread Here
As of today, Fingerprint scanner, VoLTE, Camera everything works super fine with no noticeable bugs. RAM management is superb and far higher than MIUI. benefits of using custom ROMs like nitrogen OS, Lineage OS or the other reputed ROMs is that you simply get the quickest and latest Android and security patch updates even for older devices that OEMs have stopped providing software support.
So that’s it!
Now you can taste the most recent version of Android on your Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon variant.